October 13, 2011

my legacy

Over the weekend, we took a trip out to Latrobe, Pennsylvania to visit my old stomping ground ... Saint Vincent College.

I hadn't been there in years and although it looked and felt pretty much the same, there were many noticeable differences. Things were updated, roads changed, buildings remodeled and revamped (and in some cases added) ... And seeing my two-year-old son there, in the midst of it all, made it a bit surreal.

I mean, wasn't I just an undergraduate, living in the dorms and participating in a long-distance relationship with my high school sweetheart?

Didn't I just walk down this same path, eat this same college food?

I know I stood in awe of the same fall colors ... Enjoyed the warm, sunny days when I wasn't toiling away on my Biology homework.



Tee-shirt: Sonoma (thrifted for $1.00)
Dress shirt: Gymboree (thrifted for $1.00)
Jeans: Ocean Pacific (thrifted for $1.50)
Socks: Circo (gift)
Shoes: Toddler University (thrifted for $1.50)

And yet, here it is, almost eight years later.

This time, my husband (then-high school sweetheart) and I, are not alone on campus.

We're bringing our son.

My legacy should he decide to attend Saint Vincent when he graduates from high school ...

Maybe he'll get to use the remodeled, restructured, re-everything Science building.


He already seems to have an interest in the brand new lab spaces and equipment ...



My science-nerd ways must be rubbing off on him!

I'm sure he'd make me proud ...

No comments:

Post a Comment