February 9, 2012

too little to be big

"Come on, Malcolm! Let's go play in your big boy room," I say.

(More for me than for him.)


Long-sleeved tee shirt: Circo (thrifted for $0.50)
Jean overalls: Faded Glory (thrifted for $1.00)
Socks: Circo ($1.00)
Shoes: Cherokee (thrifted for $1.50)
Trusty blanket: Circo (gift)


Some days, I feel like I need the reminder ...

He may be moving into a big boy room.

And eventually sleep in a big boy bed.

He might (one of these days) attempt to use the big boy potty.

And eat dinner at the table like a big boy.

And (so soon!) he will be the big brother around these parts.

Yet, somehow, despite all the learning and growing, there are times when he still seems so small to me.


There's no denying that he will always be my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment