November 25, 2010

so incredibly thankful

As we celebrate Thanksgiving this year, I can't help but think of how far we've come since last year ...


We have gone from nervous new parents to seasoned pros!

Our cuddly, little baby of only one year ago has grown leaps and bounds and turned into a squirmy always-on-the-go (almost) toddler ... Right before our eyes!

While I look back at photographs (like the one above) and yearn to cuddle him in the rocker again, or soothe him to sleep at night, I also realize just how blessed we are to have him at all ... How blessed we are to have each other.

As a family, we have so little to complain about ...

We have our jobs.

We have our health.

We have our home.

We have our extended families.

We have our friends.

We have so many comforts and good things to look forward to ...

We are truly, truly blessed, and there isn't a moment that passes where I am not keenly aware of that fact.

I don't know what I did to deserve this life, but I am so thankful that I am getting the chance to live it!

No comments:

Post a Comment