June 21, 2012

fun at the rocky river nature center

Now that Malcolm is two-and-a-half, he is so much fun to "take out."  Not only is he typically quite well-behaved (and followed directions well), he is happy just about anywhere as long as he has the opportunity to explore and get into everything.

So, I coaxed him out of the house this week with the promise of seeing a "big shark" (I know, I know, it's really a prehistoric Dunkleosteus) at the Rocky River Nature Center.

It didn't disappoint.


Sleeveless tee-shirt: Jumping Beans (hand-me-down)
Jean shorts: Jumping Beans (hand-me-down)
Sandals: Disney (hand-me-down)

Inside the center, he enjoyed stacking checkers ...


Completing puzzles ...


And playing in and around a huge oak tree ...




(I couldn't convince him to climb into a huge turtle shell ...  Maybe next time.)

Not only did the center offer respite from the summer heat, it would also be a great rainy day destination.  I'm sure we'll be back to have even more adventures in the years to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment