November 1, 2012

malcolm python and the holy grail

When I thought of this year's (coordinating!) costumes for my kids (Sir Galahad and the Killer Rabbit from "Monty Python and Holy Grail"), I had visions of how I was going to get the "perfect picture" and post it on this blog.

Long story short, the wind and weather up to this point, did not allow for the staged awesomeness that I had in mind ... So some pictures from this past weekend's indoor trick-or-treat church event will have to suffice.

Here's my knight ...  And winner (for the second year in a row!) of the kids' costume contest! 



Hooded sweatshirt: Circo ($8.00)
Long-sleeved tee-shirt: The Children's Place (thrifted for $1.00)
Pants: Jumping Beans (hand-me-down)
Socks: Tek Gear (hand-me-down)
Shoes: Smart Fit (hand-me-down)
Fabric, felt, and supplies (for tunic): Pat Catan's Craft Store ($7.00)
Foam sword: Foamies ($2.97)

And here's my sweet (but killer!) rabbit ...


Fleece "rabbit" hoodie: Old Navy ($17.00)
Long-sleeved onesie: Babies 'R Us (thrifted for $0.50)
Fleece pants: Old Navy ($11.00)
Socks: Unknown brand (hand-me-down)

Maybe, if I am really lucky, I can get my "shot" in this weekend when (hopefully) the rains stops and things dry up a bit ...

No comments:

Post a Comment