July 11, 2013

on writing and growing

I'm not sure why, but I just haven't been in a writing mood, lately ...  Even though there is plenty to talk about as our summer has already been filled with parades, fireworks, trips to the zoo, and the first of two family vacations.

Part of me is torn and wants to diligently keep up with the "obligation" I have set for myself with this blog, and the other part is completely content with just living life and ignoring the computer altogether.

Even so, as Thursday rolls around, I feel compelled to get a post up (and show off some Pearl cuteness from the zoo last week) ...


 Tee-shirt: Old Navy (thrifted for $0.50)
Shorts: Carter's (hand-me-down)
Shoes: Stride Rite (hand-me-down)
 
In all of the summer activities that we have busied ourselves with, both the husband and myself have noticed that Pearl doesn't act the slightest bit like a baby anymore.


Her attitude is all toddler ...  Wanting to explore and get into everything (and mimic her brother's every move).

Her legs seem longer and stronger, and she has become quite the expert climber ...  Scaling stairs, furniture, and even the toilet when we aren't paying close enough attention.

It's nearly impossible to believe that, last summer at this time, she was just starting to show a bit of spunkiness.

She's come such a long way (in such a short time) and I love being able to experience every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment