September 20, 2010

the apple

I'm sure you've all heard the saying "the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

While I've always found this statement to be true (at least when I compare myself to my parents, or my husband to his), I never realized just how true it was until I had a child of my own.

All day long, I see myself and my husband reflected back in our son ...

In the faces and/or goofy expressions he makes.

In so many of his little mannerisms.

In the sound of his laughter.

In his love of bedtime and a good night's sleep.

In the amount of energy he always manages to have.

In his very observant and inquisitive personality.

In the pointer finger that just won't quit.

In his hearty appetite for foods of all kinds (even healthy ones!).

In the way he is ticklish everywhere.

And, not to mention, all the various physical features!

Yes, Malcolm is definitely our little apple:


I don't think we could have produced a better fruit if we had tried ...

No comments:

Post a Comment