October 7, 2010

the one year photo frame

It was a shower gift, something that I hadn't registered for or even expected, but upon bringing it home, I was glad that I received it. Every baby should have a frame with room for twelve little photos, one for each month of that first year of life ...

It wouldn't be so bad for a nostalgic mother to look back at, either.

Once the then unknown baby's room was put together, I placed it on the bookcase, wondering if I'd even keep up with adding the monthly pictures. It seemed like a silly thing to do, at the time. It wouldn't actually be complete and fully presentable until an entire year had passed by! It seemed like it would take forever to fill up!

And now it's full.

Every night as I put Malcolm to bed, I can't help but gaze over at that photo frame. The changes from newborn to one month to two months and so on are staggering ... I can remember looking at that frame when he was only three months old and thinking that we had so far to go before he reached that year mark.

Time flies.


Before too long, we will have a similar frame filled with photos of him from preschool, kindergarten, first grade ...

No comments:

Post a Comment