March 8, 2011

one and done

Sometimes clothes sit in the closet waiting to be worn.

Sometimes they are purchased, worn right away, and immediately retired.

Thus is life with an ever-growing toddler.


I made a stop at the Salvation Army last Wednesday and purchased another bag full of clothing for Malcolm. Most of my purchase consisted of tee-shirts, shorts, and light pants for the summer (What can I say? I'm eagerly awaiting the warm weather!), but I did find a few long-sleeved onesies to use right now.

At least that was the plan ...

Unfortunately, although he has yet to hit the eighteen month benchmark, he is already too big for some of his "new" eighteen month-sized clothes.

Case in point: The striped onesie in today's outfit ...



Onesie: Faded Glory (thrifted for $1.00)
Hooded sweat shirt: Baby Gap (gift)
Fleece pants: Wonder Kids (thrifted for $1.00)
Socks: Circo ($1.00)

Not only did it barely reach all the way around his diaper, but the sleeves were too short (hence the need for the hoodie)!

It's a good thing that I'm a "bargain hunter" when it comes to this kid's clothes ... I'd be a bit annoyed if I had actually paid full price!

No comments:

Post a Comment