May 3, 2011

mini-marcher

This weekend, my little family of three joined a high school friend at the March for Babies in downtown Cleveland.

Having a healthy child of my own (who was carried full term with absolutely no problems or complications to speak of), I find myself wanting to give back and support organizations like the March of Dimes that can make my reality a reality for every mother-to-be.

There isn't a moment that goes by where I am unaware how how unbelievably lucky I am ... Lucky to be the mother of a healthy nineteen month old boy. Lucky to be married to such a loving and supportive husband (who agreed to wake up earlier than usual on his Sunday morning and be the wagon-puller). The list is endless ...

From the moment we walked out the back door, Malcolm was ready to go ...


Fleece jacket: Circo ($1.75 at Target)
Overalls: Genuine Kids (thrifted for $2.50)
Socks: Circo (gift)
Shoes: Stride Rite (thrifted for $3.00)

Layered and bundled from head to toe, not even the drizzly, dreary day could stop him (or us)!

I think it's safe to say we all had a great time walking through the city in support of an old friend and a really important cause.


Shark Hat: The Children's Place ($6.50)


I wouldn't be surprised if we made it back out next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment