May 31, 2011

nature boy

I have had the privilege of calling Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania my main summer vacation destination from the time I was a baby. Year after year, I have gotten to spend many a weekend at my Grandparents' (it has since been passed down to my Mom and her siblings) cottage just houses away from the lake.

Even today, there's nothing better than the feeling you get when visiting Conneaut Lake for that first trip of the summer (over Memorial Day weekend) ... Seeing the lake come into view, pulling down the rocky lane, and just waiting to jump out of the car ...

Taking that first walk down to the dock to see what had changed (and what, inevitably, was exactly the same as last year) ...


There was something about dipping your toes (or in Malcolm's case, your toes and most of your legs) in the water.

As if, by the very act of doing it, summer had truly arrived.




Tee-shirt: Sprokets (thrifted for $0.50)
Jeans: The Children's Place (thrifted for $2.00)
Shoes: Sketchers (thrifted for $0.50)

Welcome to the lake, Malcolm.

It's going to be a great summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment