May 16, 2013

everybody climb the dinosaur

The kids and I spent an afternoon at the Cleveland Museum of Natural History last week.

While Malcolm wasn't too impressed with the dinosaur bones inside of the museum (his favorite thing there was a large, coral-like chunk of calcite), he did greatly enjoy climbing the (life sized?) stegosaurus outside.


It was fun to sit back with Pearl and watch as he gained the courage to climb higher and higher ...  Starting carefully at the tail and gradually making his way up the oversized lizard's back.




Tee-shirt: Garanimals (thrifted for $1.00)
Hooded sweatshirt: Circo ($8.00)
Pants: Old Navy (hand-me-down)
Sandals: Cherokee (gift)
 
Although he isn't there yet, I know that it is only a matter of time before he is one of the "big kids."

He wants so badly to just get out there and do it ...  To break free and be like them.  And with him being preschool-bound at the end of the summer, I suppose that's a very good thing.

My little boy is growing right before my very eyes.

I wonder if I'll even recognize him in a couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment