November 30, 2010

out and about

Although I'm not crazy enough to go out on "Black Friday," I always find that I am ready for a little shopping by the end of the Thanksgiving weekend. It's almost as if the food and fellowship inspire me to locate, purchase, and bestow gifts on those I love ...

Funny little trick, those holidays being so close together!

Last year around this time (as mentioned in a previous post), Malcolm was a lumpy little guy, more than happy to be pushed around in his stroller as he slept the day away. This year, he's more boy than baby and wants to see (and touch and taste) everything! This can, obviously, be a challenge when all you know is that you want to shop, but have no idea what you are looking for.

But, no matter how whiny or upset he may get at being unable to roam the store on his knees, at least he can look cute doing it ...

Here he is hamming it up back at home after a near meltdown in Target:


Sweater: Gymboree (thrifted for $3.00)
Pants: The Children's Place (thrifted for $1.50)
Socks (unseen): Circo (gift)
Shoes (unseen): Faded Glory (thrifted for $3.00)

My how looks can be deceiving!

I guess the alligator on his sweater reminded him of how affective "crocodile tears" can sometimes be ...

This is going to be an interesting holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment