December 22, 2010

all i want for christmas

I was just saying to my husband how I couldn't believe it's been six months since Malcolm grew any teeth ... And lo! and behold, two molars magically appeared!

A Christmas miracle!

The funny thing is, I didn't notice that anything was happening. I just took a peek in his mouth one morning and there they were ...

Either this is a case of very poor parental instincts on my part, or a very agreeable and "go with it" attitude on Malcolm's.

I swear, this kid is something else.

All I have heard from other parents for as long as I have been one is how difficult teething is ... And, specifically, that molars are the worst! My sister-in-law told me horror stories of her daughter refusing naps and staying awake for twenty-four hours at a time! She told me how she wouldn't eat, she cried nonstop, and that even baby Tylenol didn't seem to work ... I was all set for a week (or more?) of complete and utter chaos ...

And, here, I have a kid that seems to laugh in the face of teething. Or rather, to ignore it completely!

Sure, Malcolm has been waking up in the middle of the night lately (something I probably should have taken notice to, since he is usually such a great sleeper), but he hasn't been cranky. And, while he isn't sleeping, he isn't crying or fussing either. It's the same old "happy noises" that I hear when it comes time for him to take a nap.

So, it could be worse.

Much, much worse.

I take back all the things I said in yesterday's post.

My son is a perfect angel and has definitely earned his spot on Santa's "Nice List" this year!

Bring it on, baby teeth. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment