March 13, 2012

before we knew

It's hard for me to recall the days before I knew I had a little passenger riding along with me, now that I'm so far along in the journey.

Yet, as I was looking through some old photos on the computer the other day, I found an amusing little collection from the time between getting pregnant and actually knowing we were pregnant ...



Getting past the pure ridiculousness of it all, there is definitely a bit of blissful ignorance in the shots ...

Lighthearted good fun ...

Happiness on film ...

In these sequential photos (an obvious test of my camera's continuous shooting mode) I see my husband and myself, living in the moment ... Thoroughly enjoying a little family walk and deliriously jubilant that the whole "one kid" thing was working out so swimmingly (we hadn't screwed him up yet!) for us.

Little did we know, that comfortable little family unit within the pictures we took would be growing ...

That, only a couple of weeks later, we'd come to understand that we'd be increasing our numbers. That three would become four.

Ignorance long gone (there's no mistaking the fact that I am pregnant now!), it's nice to sit back and realize that all the joy (and dorkiness) of that ordinary day has remained ... And that it will only increase once our newest passenger has arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment