March 22, 2012

homeward bound

I found a pair of children's Converse Hi-tops at a local (PTA-sponsored) used kid's clothing sale a couple of weekends ago. I was so excited to get them home and on to Malcolm's feet ... But, no matter what I did, Malcolm would throw a fit.

"No red!" he'd yell as he'd toss the shoes aside and squirm away from me (I was no match for him in my pregnant state).

So, imagine my surprise, when, the day Pearl and I were discharged from the hospital, Malcolm showed up wearing the previously mentioned shoes.

(My husband is the master of distraction, apparently.)


Tee-shirt: Carter's (thrifted for $0.50)
Jeans: Genuine Kids (thrifted for $1.50)
Socks: Circo ($1.00)
Shoes: Converse (thrifted for $1.00)

It may be the fact that there is now a tiny baby in the family, but I don't think Malcolm's ever looked so much like a little boy before.

Where has the time gone?!

I feel like we just brought him home from the hospital!

No comments:

Post a Comment