October 23, 2012

a little perspective

This week is a busy one ... 

It's OGT (Ohio Graduation Test) time!

To all of you non-educator types, this means that I am responsible for meeting with students at a physical testing location and administering the test to them (a different subject for each day of the week), during two separate sessions each day (as a virtual school, we have to be flexible to our students' needs and meet them when they are available).

So, not only does this make for a hectic day, it makes for a long day as well.

A day where I feel like I am always go-go-going ... 

Five days in a row.

Even though this full week of testing only happens twice a year (once in the fall, and once in the spring), it's weeks like these where I can I see just how lucky I am.

Where I am so thankful that I (usually) have the luxury of rolling out of bed, occupying my kids, and working from home. 

Sure, there are many days where I'm overwhelmed and wishing for a vacation (a teacher's job is never done, no matter where their classroom is!), but it is a lot less stressful when you don't have someplace to be ...  Or when you don't have other teachers and students waiting on you so that a test can begin!

I know I've said it before, but I don't know how "normal" working moms do it!

How they get themselves ready in the morning ...

How they get the kids dressed, fed, and ready to go, too ...

How they get the kids' stuff together ...  Food for the baby, changes of clothes, extra diapers ...

How they make it out the door without forgetting something ...  Food for the baby, changes of clothes, extra diapers ...

Mostly, how they get anywhere on time ...

(Please tell me your secret!)

I'm only one full day in and I'm already exhausted.

And, like I said, thankful.

So incredibly thankful that, most weeks, I don't have to worry about any of this ...

Sure, there are different deadlines and expectations there, too, but they can all be met from the comfort of my own home ... 

While I'm in my pajamas, and my kids are laughing in the next room.

It's hard to think of anything better than that ...

1 comment:

  1. There's an amazing new opportunity that is growing in popularity online.

    Major companies are paying people for giving their opinions!

    You can make up to $75 per survey!

    This is available to anybody from any country!

    ReplyDelete