October 25, 2012

oh boy (here i go again)


Everything that Pearl is wearing in today's "fashion" post (with the exception of the baby tennis shoes) was purchased specifically for her.


Onesie: Child of Mine (thrifted for $0.50)
Jeans: Koala Kids (thrifted for $1.00)
Socks: Walmart (pack of ten for $6.00)
Shoes: Old Navy (hand-me-down)

I feel like I have to point that out because, as you can see, the stripes on the onesie are primary colors.

Not pastels.

Not pinks or purples.

Not (here I go again!) girly enough ... 

Even though the jeans are a bit ruffly!

I guess I keep coming back to this because, I just don't buy into the "girls need to wear pink (and boys need to wear blue)" mentality that many of the people I encounter each day seem to have.  I have never been much of a "girly girl," myself, so I am perfectly comfortable in letting my daughter just be.

I honestly don't care if strangers I meet at the store don't know if she is a "he" or a "she" based solely on her clothing.

She is little.

She doesn't need to worry about gender just yet.

That day will come.

(And, oh, my God ...  I'm not even a little bit excited for that day to come!)


But, for now, cute is cute ...  Regardless of the color of the wardrobe!

No comments:

Post a Comment