December 13, 2012

a christmas miracle

This upcoming Christmas will be Malcolm's fourth.

While he still doesn't quite "get it" and isn't exactly excited for all that the holiday has to offer, he is starting to understand the idea of presents and all the fun that they entail.  When asked about it, he will say that he wants "Thomas trains" this year for Christmas, and then he will gladly begin naming the various engines that he likes.

So, on the back of this small taste of progress, I was very interested to see how the annual Christmas party (and the annual Santa photo opportunity) would pan out ... 

Although I don't feel like either my husband or myself have really "talked up" Santa (maybe my parents have), when Santa entered the building, Malcolm was absolutely enthralled.  Like a moth to a flame, he followed Santa around the room, interrupted another little boy's moment, and then plopped down at Santa's feet to "wait his turn."



Being Malcolm, I figured all of this new-found Santa love would end as soon as the real photo opportunities began ...

But (surprising me as always), when his name was called, Malcolm ran right over and climbed right up, and didn't seem to mind when Pearl (who seemed a bit suspicious of the whole thing) was placed on Santa's other knee.


On Pearl:
Long-sleeved shirt: Carter's (gift)
Black leggings: Old Navy (gift)
Socks: Walmart (pack of ten for $6.00)
Shoes: Genuine Kids (thrifted for $1.50)


On Malcolm:
Sweater: Arizona Jean Co. (thrifted for $2.00)
Jeans: Arizona Jean Co. (thrifted for $1.00)
Socks: Circo ($1.00)
Shoes: Kidgets (thrifted for $1.00)


And, when Pearl had had enough, he was more than happy for a little solo time with Santa, too ...


I'm not sure what prompted this change of heart this year, but I'll take it!

I'll consider any year that I get to be behind the camera (instead of in front of it and on Santa's lap with my kid) a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment