December 20, 2012

the wild card

I never liked playing cards.

(I have only ever done so begrudgingly.)

But, with two kids, some of the terminology seems to fit.

For example, no matter what we are doing or where we are going, someone over here ends up being the "wild card" ...  The kid that does the opposite of what you expect and completely surprises you.

Think Pearl will be happy and well-rested for that Christmas party?

Wild card!

Think Malcolm will be uncooperative during a professional portrait session?

Wild card!

And that's where this post is headed ...

Last weekend, I took Malcolm and Pearl out to the local portrait studio to get some shots for Pearl's ninth month and, hopefully, some nice ones of the two of my children together.

While Pearl performed as I expected her to (for the most part), and Malcolm was a bit of a stinker throughout the entire session, I was completely blindsided by the adorable photos (of Malcolm!?) that I ended up taking home ...



Dress shirt: Cherokee ($10.00)
Clip-on tie: Cherokee ($4.00)
Pinstripe Vest: Unknown brand (thrifted for $1.00)
Jeans: Arizona Jean Co. (thrifted for $1.00)
Socks: Unknown brand (hand-me-down)
Shoes: Smart Fit (hand-me-down)



But, lest you be too impressed, there is photographic evidence of some less-than-cooperative behavior as well ...


Wild card, indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment