July 28, 2011

tiny traveler

There are times when I look at Malcolm and wonder how I got to be so incredibly lucky.


What can I say?

The kid is awesome.

Throughout our entire week of vacation (to Conneaut Lake, Pennsylvania), he was an absolute angel.

Really and truly.

Except for a single incident during dinner where he was blatantly misbehaving (and therefore placed in the "Naughty Spot"), he didn't cry or fuss at all ...

He loved exploring his new surroundings and playing in the sand and water (and basically occupied himself from sunup to sundown)...

He was a pro during a day of errands (and shopping) with Gramma ...

He slept like a champ (even in his Pack-n-Play which is looking smaller by the minute) ...

He survived the "hottest day of the year" in style ...


Tee-shirt: Jumping Beans (thrifted for $1.00)
Jean shorts: Garanimals (thrifted for $1.00)
Sandals: Baby Gap (thrifted for $2.00)

He was unusually pleasant during the two-hour drive back home ...

I could go on and on ...

I guess it's highly beneficial that my boy is so easygoing because my husband and I (and my extended family as well) love to travel. In fact, we will be going to Jamaica in the fall, so any successful trips before then are further indication that Malcolm will be an asset (and not a source of stress) to our time in tropical paradise.

I guess, if we give him just enough freedom to do "his thing" we will be rewarded with more wonderful vacation memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment