January 31, 2013

a break in the weather

Is it really the end of January?

This little winter thaw (just like last year around this exact same time) is throwing me off ...  Yet, I'm certainly not complaining.

As anyone with a couple kids will tell you, it is always nice to have a moment to step outside when the weather is decent (albeit gray and dreary) and just breathe ...

And I will never grow tired of sitting back with my camera as I observe my kids from the sidelines.  There is something so rewarding about seeing them occupy themselves for a little while (although, I guess Pearl didn't have much choice in the matter) ...


Malcolm was definitely in his element.

Free from all of the "No running!" and "Stop climbing on the couch!" that he usually hears from day to day, for a little while, he could be as active as he wanted.

He could run and climb to his heart's content.


 Jacket: The Children's Place (thrifted for $1.50)
Long-sleeved shirt: Jumping Beans (hand-me-down)
Pants: Jumping Beans (hand-me-down)
Socks: Old Navy (gift)
Rain boots: Buster Brown and Co. (hand-me-down)

He could push his sister (in her stroller, of course) without consequence.


I'm sure he'd love to do it all over again tomorrow.

If only this thaw could last a little longer ...

No comments:

Post a Comment