August 31, 2010

the cruelest magic trick

Last week's weather was dry, cool, and crisp ... Could it be that fall is right around the corner?!

In years past, this notion would be welcomed and wonderful. I have always been a big fan of the fall.

This year might prove to be a little different.

I may have to start hating the fall from this point forward because, when dressed in his weather-appropriate clothing, Malcolm somehow changes from a baby to a little boy right before my very eyes. Now, this whole "aging" thing is hard on me as it is (last year at this time he wasn't even born yet!), so, to have my little guy morph in a mere instant is almost too much.

I don't really understand it, but dress the kid in shirts and pants that are separate from each other (not onesies) and a pair of sneakers and ... POOF!

Hello, little boy!

I mean, look at him!

It can't just be me that sees it ...


Long-sleeved tee-shir
t: Old Navy (thrifted for $1.00)
Jeans: Baby Gap (thrifted for $2.00)
Socks: Walmart (pack of ten for $6.00)
Shoes: Everlast (thrifted for $1.50)

I guess that summertime with it's one-piece outfits, puffy diapers, and bare feet has its perks, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment