January 12, 2012

stir crazy

These cold (and often dark) winter days can be tough on one's sanity ...

Especially if you happen to be a two year old!

Although he is really, really agreeable (and can sit for hours playing with toys both old and new or watching the latest "Signing Time" DVD), even Malcolm has his moments where he is quite obviously bored and ready for a change of pace.

Sometimes, I'll take a "Good Mom" approach ... I'll set Malcolm up with some crayons (or markers, if I'm feeling really generous) and a coloring book and he'll happily go to town across from me as I work.

Other times, I'll go for all out energy expenditure ... And, for that, a little supervised jumping on the bed is key.


Long-sleeved tee-shirt: Cherokee (thrifted for $0.50)
Fleece pants: Garanimals (thrifted for $0.50)
Socks: Circo ($1.00)




Not only does this give Malcolm a chance to let out his inner wild child, it gives me a little breather from work (and the chance to snap away on my camera).

A win-win situation, if you ask me.

No comments:

Post a Comment