May 10, 2010

mother's day memories

Since becoming a teacher, I have felt that mother's day (sort of) applied to me ... One does not necessarily have to be biologically related to a child in order to be a mother! Lord knows that I acted like a mother to all of the different students that I worked with over the past couple of years. In some ways they prepared me for what was to come. In others they made me question whether or not I really wanted to create my own child ... One that would actually live in the same house as me!

In order to commemorate this special "first" Mother's Day, one in which I have a son of my own (that not only lives with me, but has taken over the entire house!), I thought I'd post a couple of photos ...

This is what I looked like on Mother's Day last year: Twenty weeks pregnant and filled with all the excitement and anticipation that that brings.


This is how I look(ed) this year: A mom for nearly eight months and (still) filled with all the excitement and anticipation that that brings.


The amount of love in my heart for this little guy is indescribable.

He is gift enough.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment